Keansburg Fishing Pier
One of our favorite places to fishing during the fishing season is the Keansburg Fishing Pier located in Keansburg NJ. During the spring and summer it is one of the best locations to cast a line off a pier. You can catch big blue fish, porgies,and stripers, fluke when the bite is hot. The fluke bite is awesome you can really catch some keepers while having a great time with your buddy or with your family.
You can go face book and check out what is biting to have an idea if what is being caught off the pier. A couple times a year our church group will go out and make a day of it and have a great time.
Some suggested items things:
- sun block
- good hat
- a good pair of polarized glasses
- food and drinks
- plenty of water
- Comfortable chair
- 7ft to 10ft medium heavy rod with at least 15 lb test line
- Size 3 or larger circle hook or larger fro striped bass bring some smaller octopus hooks for flounder, king fish, and porgies.
- Good filet knife to cut up bait
- Fishing net to haul in your catch
- cooler for the fish you catch with ice (ice is also sold at pier)
- bait- clams, squid, chum
- Berkely Gulp Saltwater baits
- Good pair of pliers